After much prayer, discussion and extensive risk assessment, we have had the approval from The Bishop to resume our worship services on Sunday 4 October 2020. Paul will continue online services too as we recognise many folk will be unable to attend so please continue sending readings and prayers to Paul.
Obviously the church is slightly different….
- No hymn books
- No Bibles – own Bible for own use and readings
- No Liturgical books but can borrow one for own use (or use liturgy on phone)
- No kneelers, soft furnishings on chairs
- Organ cannot be used
- No tea/coffee afterwards
Also the service will be different…
- Collection plate on way in
- No singing
- The Peace will be observed by voice
- Readings and prayers from the pew only
- Communion will be administered in one kind
- One way system with steward to direct to seats at front first then leave by Vestry door into garden continuing social distance as we leave
Also following current government guidelines of mask, sanitizer on way in with 2m spacing and contact details, these will be on each seat to be collected after the service. *
All of theses guidelines are for our own safety and the safety of others and if we do not adhere to them, we could face being closed . If you feel unable to comply with these then Public Health guidelines suggest you should not be attending public worship in current situation. (These are not optional suggestions.)
We appreciate this is different days for different times but just thankful that we can all meet together and worship and praise God together under the capable leadership of our rector Rev Dr Paul Singh who has now been in post for over a year. Happy Anniversary Paul 🙂
With every blessing to all, and looking forward to seeing some of you on Sundays now.
OUR REGULAR PATTERN OF SERVICES
9.30 am Holy Eucharist 1982 Scottish Liturgy
Wednesday Services (currently suspended)
10.00am (Except for 3rd Wednesdays) Holy Communion and discussion in Hall.
10.00am (3rd Wednesday) Holy Communion Scottish Prayer Book in Church followed by tea/coffee in the Hall but no discussion.